We are living in such an era where inclusion plays a very important role. Talking about the current scenario, we must admit the fact that the disability of an individual plays a very important role in his or her life. It does not matter whether it works positively or negatively, developing confidence and overcoming the challenges are admirable and vital. As a sensible citizen, it is your foremost responsibility to aloe the people living with disabilities to experience a high-quality life. We might have differences but, at some point are very alike. Well, we are highlighting the role of people living with disabilities because here, we are going to tell you about the National AccessAbility Week.
Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.Francis of Assisi
People all over Canada celebrate this event in order to celebrate the incomparable as well as valuable contributions of the Canadians living with disabilities. National AccessAbility Week gives us an opportunity to highlight the efforts and hard work of the workplaces, communities, and individuals that are very actively working in order to eliminate the barriers to inclusion and accessibility. People in Canada observe the National AccessAbility Week from 30th May to 5th June.
National AccessAbility Week Theme 2021
We are talking about National AccessAbility Week. Every year, throughout the last full week of May, people celebrate the impactful contributions of the persons living with disabilities. They recognize the work done by workplaces, communities, and individuals for eliminating the barriers to accessibility. Many organizations come forward and foster disability inclusion in the country.
People acknowledge the barriers and discrimination that people living with disabilities in Canada are facing. There are organizations that recommit to a whole new accessible as well as inclusive Canada. Talking about the theme of National AccessAbility Week 2021, well, this is ‘Disability Inclusion 2021- Leaving No One Behind’. As an inextricable part of the pandemic response, the Government of Canada is working tirelessly in order to put a pure disability lens on the decision-making. The Government is ensuring that the relief measures and supports are disability-inclusive. Well, the Government is actually committed to a disability-inclusive economic recovery that truly leaves no one behind. There are organizations that have made remarkable strides in order to support Canadians living with disabilities. They are helping them through and beyond this pandemic.
People all over the country observe the National AccessAbility Week celebrate the following things:
- The valuable and incomparable contributions of the people living with disabilities in Canada.
- The achievements of the workplaces, communities, and individuals that are working to discard the barriers to inclusion and accessibility.
- Activities that eliminate the discrimination against Canadians with disabilities and events that promote the culture of inclusion.
National AccessAbility Week And Access Awareness Week
By now, you have understood what National AccessAbility Week is. There is another thing that comes under the umbrella of National AccessAbility Week. It is nothing but an extension of the National AccessAbility Week. Access Awareness Week brings an opportunity to raise public awareness about the issues inextricably associated with inclusion. Talking about inclusion, it is not all about eliminating all the physical barriers. Challenging societal attitudes is also an important part of inclusion. The AAW Committee is working hard to achieve two important goals during the National AccessAbility Week. These are as follows:
- The first goal is to draw the attention of the policymakers and public towards the problems associated with inclusion.
- The second goal is to celebrate the accomplishments. Yes, the committee celebrates the achievements that actually increased accessibility.
How To Observe The National AccessAbility Week
Well, there are various ways through which you can actually observe the National AccessAbility Week. Some of them are stated below:
- Conduct Social Media Campaign: Well, conducting social media campaign is one of the best ways through which you can celebrate National AccessAbility Week. During this pandemic moment, people become highly active on social networking sites. Amid this situation, you can easily get the attention of the public if you spread the awareness using social networking platforms. You can let the people know about the core objectives of the National AccessAbility Week. Moreover, you can also encourage people so that they come forward for making an inclusive society.
- Do Fundraising Events: As a fundraiser, you can organize fundraising events during the National AccessAbility Week. There are many not-for-profit organizations that are working hard to build a society that is ideal for all kinds of people. As a fundraiser, you can actually raise funds for such an organization. Apart from this, you can help needy people by organizing custom fundraising events.
Not A Werbylo User?
So, if you are in search of a secure and popular fundraising site, you need Werbylo. This is a reliable fundraising site that allows you to arrange online crowdfunding events. There is no hidden charge and it will give full value to the donations. Therefore, do not wait; join Werbylo now.