Before getting into the National Child and Youth Mental Health Day, you must know certain facts about youth mental health.
- Almost 70% of mental health issues start in the adolescence and childhood stage
- Suicide has become the 2nd leading reason for death for Canadians aged between 10 and 24.
- Only 20% of people receive proper treatment.
These facts are really disturbing and this is why recognizing the depression of an individual is very important. Early detection can bring remarkable positive outcomes and doctors can help them to get back to their normal activities. Well, we are talking about youth mental health because it has become a major concern nowadays. There is a specific event that is called National Child And Youth Mental Health Day. Every year, people observe the National Child And Youth Mental Health Day on 7th May to raise awareness about the significance of the mental health of children. A child must have positive mental health otherwise; he or she will not have an all-around development. National Child And Youth Mental Health Day support the health conversation regarding mental health between guardians and parents.
What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.Glenn Close
7th May is all about developing a strong and caring connection between the caring adults and young people in their lives. Studies have shown that connected as well as caring conversation can actually have a very positive impact upon the mental health of youth and children.
National Child And Youth Mental Health Day And Impact Of Pandemic
We are actually going through a pandemic situation and amid this condition; we must admit the fact that it is creating a negative impact upon the youth’s mental health. There are parents who lost their sources of income in this critical situation and consequently, it has increased the stress level. Now, when parents are having a stressed life, it creates a negative impact upon their children. There are various environmental risk factors that bring parenting stress. It can damage both children and parents.
This pandemic situation is also hampering the educational sector. Therefore, it is actually creating a negative impact upon the youth’s mental health. Talking about the National Child And Youth Mental Health Day, the core objective is to keep the mental state of the children in good shape. Now, a healthy conversation between the parents and children can somehow improve the overall mental state of the kids. Talking about education, online teaching, and virtual examination can actually keep the entire educational system in good shape.
Keep Your Mental Health In Good Shape In This National Child And Youth Mental Health Day
Did you know that almost 75% of mental illness develops before the person turns 25? The report says that almost 10% of school kids are suffering from diagnosable mental problems. Anyway, we must admit the fact that keeping the mental health of young people in good shape is very important. Fortunately, there are certain ways through which you can actually do this. As we are talking about the National Child And Youth Mental Health Day, you must know these things. Well, these are as follows:
- Share Your Feelings: Study shows that introvert people mostly suffer from various psychological problems. This is why it will be better if you share your feelings with your friends and relatives instead of compressing them.
- Keep Yourself Active: Well, an idle mind always keeps your self-esteem down. This is why it is very important that you keep yourself active. You can indulge yourself in some sort of physical exercise. Doing exercise regularly can increase self-esteem and it will help you to feel, sleep and concentrate better. Apart from this, you will be able to keep your brain and many more vital organs healthy with the help of this.
- Drink Sensibly: Well, it is very important that you drink in a sensible manner. Most people drink alcohol just to divert their minds from the regular hectic lifestyle. The problem is that the effect of such a thing is temporary. But, it can lead to permanent damage. Instead of this, you can drink plenty of water and do physical exercise in order to keep yourself in better shape. If you eating fast foods, you should change your habit. You need to add vegetables to your daily diet.
Not A Werbylo User?
Werbylo has been helping the fundraisers as well as the non-profit organizations to conduct crowdfunding campaigns for years. Well, if you are confused about how you can observe the National Child And Youth Mental Health Day, you will not have to worry. If you are not getting any idea, you can go with fundraising.
Conducting a fundraising campaign is always considered a great thing. You can do this with the help of this virtual fundraising site, Werbylo. This site is fully transparent; in other words, it will not take any hidden fee from you. It says “We rise by lifting others. So, join this platform now.