It does not matter whether you are working in a small organization or a large organization, record management is undoubtedly one of the most important parts. Well, it is also called ‘Records and Information Management’. Record management is a kind of organizational function and it is entirely dedicated to managing the information of an organization throughout the life cycle. The process starts at the time of establishment and it continues up to the eventual disposition of the organization. This process consists of preserving, destroying, tracking, securing, retrieving, storing, classifying, and identifying the records. Now, talking about the Record Management Month, well, people generally observe this event in the month of April. It was set up in the year, 2002.
Data really powers everything that we do.Jeff Weiner
Talking about the core objective of this month, well, it was actually developed in order to promote best practices and standards for information management and record-keeping. Another important objective of this event is to highlight the significance of keeping records in an organized manner. Anyway, if you do not have any concrete idea about the Record Management Month, you are in the right spot. Here, we have made a brief breakdown of this important event. So, do not miss the following points.
Significance Of The Record Management Month
The observance of the Record Management Month occurs in the month of April. Talking about the significance of this event, well, this month is introduced for promoting the efficient record-keeping practice and information management. Talking about the record, it basically means video materials, recording, pictures, e-mail, books, papers, and kind of document that can prove the business transaction.
In fact, record management month indicates keeping the records for an organization in an organized manner. During this month, you should always give preference to record-keeping activities. If you have not yet started giving preference to record-keeping activities, this is the right month to indulge yourself in such activities. If you do not know why following record management activities is important, you should run into the following points:
- Records always show the evidence of all the transactions.
- Records provide accountability and transparency for business, research and education.
- With the help of the records, an organization can take proper decisions.
- Records deliver proper resources to the organization for the future.
Observe Record Management Month
There are several ways through which you can observe this Record Management Month. If you do not know what they are, have a look at the following points:
- You can use social networking platforms to promote this month. Yes, you can use tags such as #RecordsAndInformationManagementMonth to all the posts.
- If you have an organization, you can assign staffs who will be responsible for managing policies as well as procedures. Apart from this, they will be auditing in your organization.
- Provide proper record management training to your staff so that they can handle this valuable asset properly.
- If you have owned any organization, you will have to make sure that there is enough security that will keep your security safe.
- Well, you will have to pair your organization with a system that will help you to get the records and documents whenever you need them.
- You will have to determine how long you will have to retain records of your organization. Along with this, you will have to make a policy for disposing the records.
The records and information are playing a very critical role and therefore, it is very important to manage them properly. The well-being of your organization depends upon the way you are managing the records and information of your organization. If you have not yet started managing records and information, this is the right month to do this. Apart from this, you will have to make sure that you are following this procedure every month. Now, talking about the history of this Record Management Month, well, it was in 2002, when the Records Information Managers introduced the National Records and Information Management Month.
Canada’s Information Management Community
When we are talking about Record Management Month, we must cover Canada’s Information Management Community. This is a Canadian non-profit organization that brings together the national community of Information Management professionals that share connections, expertise and experience. This organization provides proper direction, guidance and templates. The Awards and Grants that have inextricable association with this organization are Member Awards, Chapter Awards, ARMA Canada Grants, and ARMA International Grants.
Not A Werbylo User?
As of now, you have understood the important points related to Record Management Month. Now, if you are into fundraising, you can do many things during this month. There are many online giving platforms that top non-profit organizations and fundraisers are using. Well, you can make a donation to your favourite organization through leading online donation platforms such as Werbylo. This platform is fully reliable and secure. Moreover, it does not have any hidden charge and monthly fee. So, do not just think; become a user of this platform.