Did you know that almost 11,000 people in Canada die as a consequence of Traumatic Brain Injury every year? Letting people know about each and every aspect of Traumatic Brain Injury is very important. People all over Canada observe Brain Injury Awareness Month in the month of June every year. During this month, people across the nation work hard to educate people about the importance of Brain Injury Awareness. Apart from this, many organizations have come forward to promote advocacy.
Talking about the main objective of Brain Injury Awareness Month, well, this month gives people the opportunity to eliminate all the stigmas that have a close connection with brain injuries. People can suffer from different types of brain injuries and therefore, every time, different cases will appear. Therefore, this Brain Injury Awareness Month is fully dedicated to improving the overall awareness of brain injuries. During this month, there are many organizations that provide high-quality support to people who suffer from brain injuries. Moreover, understanding the needs of those people will also help to keep the upcoming situation in good shape. It is a very time-consuming and complicated task to change the world’s perspective on brain injuries.
Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.
Different brain injury affects a person in a different manner. They have their dreams and hopes. You must have a good amount of patience and the ability to understand the need of that person to deliver proper treatment and support. Talking about the history, well, it was in 1993 when the Brain Injury Awareness Month started.
Brain Injury Awareness Month And Brain Injury Association Of America
As we are talking about Brain Injury Awareness Month, we must highlight the contribution of the Brain Injury Association Of America. Well, this organization has been working for the past three decades. They conduct various campaigns and online events during Brain Injury Awareness Month. This organization basically provides a solid platform through which people can educate themselves about the various aspects of brain injuries. Talking about the core objectives of this organization, these are as follows:
- They de-stigmatize the brain injury
- The organization empower those people who survived the brain injuries
- They also promote a wide range of support that is open to people living with brain injuries
Brain Injury Canada
Brain Injury Canada is another organization that is helping the nation throughout the year in this regard. The former name of this organization was The Brain Injury Association of Canada. It was in 2002 when this organization was set up. They provide advocacy to caregivers and survivors across the nation. The main objectives of this organization are as follows:
- They advocate at the national level on the issues that are very important to Brain Injury Community.
- Establishing meaningful collaborations and connections with stakeholders
- Empowering and educating people who are living with brain injuries. They also provide assistance to the general public, researchers, healthcare workers, caregivers, and families
Stewardship, integrity, diversity, collaboration and connection, compassion, and accountability are the values. They strongly stand behind these values.
Have you read the latest edition of THE Challenge! yet? This issue describes health challenges after a brain injury and features articles on fatigue, hormones, gastrointestinal challenges, and the vestibular system. Download your free copy: https://t.co/qF9ePrTpCZ
— Brain Injury Assoc. (@biaamerica) July 21, 2021
Know Important Tips To Prevent Brain Injuries In The Brain Injury Awareness Month
Well, Traumatic Brain Injury has become a major health concern in this modern era. Depending on the latitude of brain damage, the symptoms of the brain injury can be severe or moderate, or mild. Well, there are some tips that will help to prevent brain injuries. As we are talking about the significance of Brain Injury Awareness Month, we have added these tips below:
- You should always wear a seat belt always driving. For children, you can go for a booster seat or child safety seat. Do not forget to put on a helmet properly while riding a skateboard, cycle, and motorcycle.
- You should never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- One should use a cell phone or text, someone while driving.
- Installing sturdy window guards can prevent falling out from open windows. If you have kids in your house, you must install this thing.
How To Observe The Brain Injury Awareness Month
There are different ways through which you can observe Brain Injury Awareness Month in a perfect manner. See the below-mentioned points to know more about it:
- Study Traumatic Brain Injury: This is the right time when you should invest time in studying Traumatic Brain Injury. You can visit websites or there are many blogs on this; you can go through them.
- Organize A Virtual Event: Well, organizing a virtual event is another thing that you can do considering the present crazy situation. Even, you can invite any expert as a special guest. It will definitely make the virtual event more significant and meaningful.
- Post On Social Media: You can also post on social media about Traumatic Brain Injury.
Not A Werbylo User?
Well, conducting a virtual crowdfunding event is also a good idea. You can do this by joining Werbylo. We are referring to Werbylo because it is transparent and reliable. You do not need to pay any extra money in the form of a hidden charge or monthly charge. They will also provide full value to your effort. So, join it as early as possible.